Part of my staff duties include being ready for our Wednesday night prayer meetings. So I wanted to share some of the thoughts and scriptures that have been revealed to me while preparing. I believe these prayer principles and scriptures can help in prayer, any time and any place.
Prayer Principles by Smith Wigglesworth
1. The Word of God does not need to be prayed about: The Word of God has to be received.
2. Pray anywhere and everywhere
3. The living Word is sufficient for thee, Eat it, Devour it. It is the Word of God.
4. Prayer changes hearts but it never changes God.
5. The Word not only gives you foundation, but it puts you in a place where you can stand, and after the battle keep standing. Nothing else will do that.
6. It is one thing to read the Word, it is another to believe it.
7. When we have entered in with God into the mind of the Spirit, we will find that God ravishes our hearts
8. What an awful disgrace it is for you to change the Word of God because of your feelings.
9. So, we need the Spirit to bring life into the believer, imparting life through the Word.
10. As you come into this blessed state of reverence for the Word of God, it will build you up also and make you strong.
11. God in you is a living substance, a spiritual nature, the living Word. You live by another life, the faith of the Son of God.
12. You can not find anywhere that God ever failed
13. If you are born of God, you are born of the power of the Word and not of man
14. We can never exhaust the Word
15. Read it through, Pray it in, Write it down
4 Great Prayers of Paul
Prayer from Colossians 1:9-14
So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.
We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins
Prayer from Ephesians 1:16-20
I have not stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.
Prayer from Ephesians 3:14-19
When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God
I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ —for this will bring much glory and praise to God
1st Thess 5:17 Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus NLT
2nd Thess 1:11 Because we know that this extraordinary day is just ahead, we pray for you all the time––pray that our God will make you fit for what he's called you to be, pray that he'll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something. If your life honors the name of Jesus, he will honor you. Grace is behind and through all of this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely. -The Message
James 4:2-3 parts of it state:
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and don’t receive because you ask with wrong motives
What are your motives when you go to pray? Are your prayers glorifying God? Are you lifting him up in praise first and foremost. Are you praying the way we were taught to pray in Matthew. The Lords prayers says to give thanks first before asking, The Lords prayer says to ask for His will to be done here on earth as it is in Heaven.
Are you giving praise and thanks? Are your prayers in the will of God?