1. Along with the books of Hebrews and Revelation, the message is 1 Peter revolves around Christians who face the prospect of persecution because they identify with Jesus Christ.
2. More that any other NT letter, it provides instruction on how to respond to unjust persecution and suffering.
3. Peter stressed the truth that believers are aliens and strangers on this earth.
4. Many of the OT titles for God's people are applied to NT believers.
5. This letter also contains one of the most difficult passages to interpret in the NT. The when, where and how Jesus "went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed...in the days of Noah" (3:19-20)
I am utilizing this book for my next study, primarily for number 1 & 2 in the list above. It seems so relevant in today's times and terms. There is so much for us to learn and we need to constantly becoming back to the best instruction book in all of history. I call it the best "Book for Dummies" ever written, very tongue in cheek of course. We so often ask, what should we do? How should we handle that? What should we say? Why not look to God's Word for those answers? I will be going through this book and posting what I believe it says to us both within my own understanding and the use of my study tools. I primarily use the Fire Bible study notes but I like to utilize all that God gives us to understand what he wants us to know.